Submit Your Dream – The Essential Dream Giveaway
COVID impacted the lives of many people in 2020. During this time, essential and front line workers sacrificed their lives daily to ensure our basic needs were met.
To show our gratitude for their dedication, we want to make a Dream come true for an Essential Worker in the Tampa and Atlanta area. These are communities which we have lived in and are especially important to our family. Help us by nominating someone who you believe deserves a dream come true.
Who are Essential Workers?
Frontline Essential Workers
- First responders. These are the people communities depend on in emergencies, such as firefighters and police.
- Education. Making sure children can grow academically even during a pandemic means vaccinating teachers, their support staff, and daycare employees.
- Food and agriculture. Many of the outbreaks at the onset of the pandemic were in meatpacking facilities and other food-processing plants.
- Manufacturing. These jobs (producing goods) cannot be done remotely.
- Corrections workers. Prisons are the types of closed facilities where the coronavirus can spread quickly.
- U.S. Postal Service workers. The more than 490,000 people in this group make sure your packages get delivered, along with providing other key services.
- Public transit workers. These are the people who make it possible for other essential workers to get to their jobs.
- Grocery store workers. Keeping supermarket employees safe makes it possible for others to stay fed while restaurants are temporarily shut down.
Other Essential Workers
- Transportation and logistics. These are the workers who ensure that stores’ shelves remain stocked and other key supplies get where they’re needed.
- Food service. This one could get tricky, as states decide which facilities and restaurants are big enough for their employees to get vaccinated in this group.
- Shelter and housing. These are the construction workers and contractors responsible for the construction and repair of houses and other buildings.
- Finance. Families need financial advisers to help them navigate the recession that has accompanied the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Information technology and communication. Videoconferencing and other internet technologies have become a lifeline for many families and businesses during 2020.
- Energy. Many of the jobs in this field, which includes mining and oil extraction, cannot be done remotely.
- Media. Making sure the public is accurately informed is vital during this public health crisis.
- Legal. While demand for legal services has declined significantly in 2020, these professionals remain essential for many proceedings.
- Engineers. Workers in these occupations play a major public safety role by guaranteeing that projects meet the appropriate standards and guidelines.
- Water and wastewater. Keeping the water supply safe means being able to keep these professionals on the job. Source
Dates to submit a dream and process of The Essential Dream Campaign:
March 1, 2021 – March 14, 2021 SUBMIT DREAM bit.ly/essentialdreamentry
March 5, 2021 – March 30, 2021 Our Dream makers team will go through the Dreams and selecting one from Atlanta and Tampa.
April 1, 2021 – May 15, 2021 – We will start collecting donations towards the dreams for the essential workers in Tampa and Atlanta.
Week of May 23rd – award the dreams to the selected essential workers.
Click here to donate towards these dreams: