For the last few years, Summer has gotten shorter and shorter for my children in the South. I am referring to Summer break, which is now exactly two months off (June & July).
Which means after you pay thousands of dollars in summer camp fees, you now have to pay for school supplies and school clothes. It’s a never ending cycle of money we have to spend for our children and sometimes, we just don’t have it at the time we need it.
In the spirit of giving and making Dreams come true, we are going to give someone $100 worth of school supplies for the upcoming 2015-2016 school year. We hope that this gift can cover an entire child’s school list, saving the parents money
7 Money Saving Tips on Buying School Supplies:
- Home Inventory | Sometimes your children have left over supplies from the school year around the house, which means you don’t have to buy everything brand new.
- Garage Sales & Thrift Stores | People are selling supplies and clothes for low prices and they’re usually the best deal around.
- Dollar Store | Although, if you’re not careful, you’ll buy up the entire store – if you budget, you can get most of your list from the dollar store!
- Buy on No Tax Day | We have a No Tax Weekend once a year right before school starts. If you have multiple children heading back to school, the savings could be deep!
- Coupons | This is a no brainer! All stores offer sales around back to school time, but if you add coupons to your purchase you can sometimes double your savings.
- Buy in Bulk | You usually save more when you buy more. You will save more when you buy for the entire year versus a few months to get your child started.
- Use Social Media | Follow your favorite stores online and see their specials! With social media being so prevalent, they could offer specials you won’t see in the paper.
Have you entered your personal ONE BIG DREAM on our site yet? Also, read through the other dreams because you never know who you could bless! If you’d like to Donate toward someone’s dream, click HERE.